Whether you have been married for 15 days or 15 years, have no children or six, the University Village of Notre Dame is an amazing place for families. What really makes "The Village," as we fondly call it, so wonderful are the people that live here. We are connected as a community because we are all students or the family of students at Notre Dame. Although residents come from different countries, have different beliefs, and speak different languages, many come to think of our community as a second family and "The Village" as their home away from home. Need to hear more? Read about this resident's experience of Village Life: "A Home Under the Dome."
Why Live Here?
- Close to campus: Walk (20-30 minutes), bike (10-15 minutes), or bus (5 minutes) to main campus
- Easy bus ride or short drive to shopping and the rest of South Bend/Mishawaka
- Neighbors look out for each other
- Fenced-in playground and green space for children
- Regularly patrolled by Notre Dame Security Police
- Notre Dame has its own Police and Fire Department
- Programming and events for everyone
- Resident support staff dedicated to helping you get the most out of your time at Notre Dame
- Community Center, Community Gardens, Playground, and many more amenities for everyone to enjoy
- Rich community life enhanced by a large International population
- Opportunities for spiritual growth for Catholics as well as many other faith traditions
- Neighbors who are also students, or spouses, or parents - a wealth of knowledge, resources, and understanding companionship
- For resident testimonial, please take a moment to look at this essay on this "Home Under the Dome" or this resident (from 1992!) who looks back fondly on how the Village shaped their time in graduate school. "Echoes: It Takes a University Village"