Our location is conveniently located by an easy 20-30 minute walk to campus, however there are many other options for transportation around South Bend and the ND campus.
- Bike - Many students find bicycles useful for navigating campus. Bicycle racks are provided outside each apartment building and most buildings on campus. Students are encouraged to lock up bikes at racks between use. There is also a limited amount of storage available at the Village for storing bikes in the winter weather.
- Limebike - Students can rent a Limebike for a special rate of $0.50 per 30 minutes using the Limebike app and their ND email address.
- Shuttle - The SWEEP is a convenient shuttle bus that transports students to and from ND campus. The Sweep service is free for ND students, faculty and staff with a valid University id. The shuttle stops through the village approximately every thirty minutes. The Sweep connects to the #7 route on campus.
- Bus - TRANSPO, South Bend's bus system, is fare-free transportation provided for University faculty, students, and staff on all routes in the South Bend/Mishawaka area with a valid University id. The #5 Route and the #7 Route provide convenient transportation within close proximity to the Village. Residents taking advantage of South Bend’s downtown nightlife can use the #7a Midnight Express for convenient transportation from downtown nightspots back to the Village
- Zipcar - Zipcar allows students, faculty and staff a self-service option for short-term car rental that includes low hourly and daily rates with cars conveniently located on campus to borrow.
- South Shore Line - This commuter train conveniently leaves from South Bend Airport and takes you right into Downtown Chicago.
- Coach USA - The Coach service provides convenient bus transportation from Notre Dame Campus to Chicago O'Hare and Chicago Midway airports.